Lourdes (65) – Pic du Jer funicular
Type of vehicle: funicular
Number of vehicles: 1
SAFRA Renovation confirms its ability to handle particular sites with historical connotation.
The funicular line of the Pic du Jer (65) has existed since 1900. The body, renovated at SAFRA, was rebuilt in 1956 by the Soulé company.
The repair of the rolling chassis was carried out by the company Mécamont in Arreau (62).
In addition, beyond the renovation of the body performed by SAFRA, the work also included:
- the repair of the body structure
- the replacement of the floors and their coverings
- insulation and interior lining
- complete exterior painting
- the addition and replacement of
- various functional components
A first project was realized for the design and manufacture of 14 new steel and wood benches for Funiculaire du Pic du Jer.