Pau (64) – funicular
Start: mai 2010
End: août 2010
Type of vehicle: funicular
Number of vehicles: 2
After 4 months of work, the two cars of the Pau funicular left on 30 and 31 August 2010.
SAFRA Renovation has carried out:
- Addition of an access door for Wheelchair
- Users and Persons with Reduced Mobility (child in stroller, elderly)
- Addition of 2 bicycle pitches
- Participation in electrical modifications
- Repair of bodywork and door mechanisms
- Interior and exterior painting.
The funicular, which, at the end of the station, joins the boulevard des Pyrénées and the Place Royale, has in the heart of the Palois value of historical monument (even if it does not have the official label). Wanted by Mayor Henri Faisans and inaugurated in 1908, he had for a long time his opponents, who feared that «an iron frame made task among the green foliage». Today, the metal snake glides smoothly, almost without noise, for 105 m with a slope of 30%, between the trunks of the palm trees. Free, it carries an average of 500,000 passengers per year.